Nouwen Meditation: A Prayer Henri Nouwen Society Monday, 30 November 2020

 Nouwen Meditation: A Prayer

Henri Nouwen Society <email_lists@henrinouwen.org>

Monday,  30 November 2020

DAILY MEDITATION | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2020

A Prayer

Dear Lord,

Give me eyes to see and ears to hear. I know there is light in the darkness that makes everything new. I know there is new life in suffering that opens a new earth for me. I know there is a joy beyond sorrow that rejuvenates my heart. Yes, Lord, I know that you are, that you act, that you love, that you indeed are Light, Life, and Truth. People, work, plans, projects, ideas, meetings, buildings, paintings, music, and literature all can only give me real joy and peace when I can see and hear them as reflections of your presence, your glory, your kingdom.

Let me then see and hear. Let me be so taken by what you show me and by what you say to me that your vision and hearing become my guide in life and impart meaning to all my concerns.

Let me see and hear what is really real, and let me have the courage to keep unmasking the endless unrealities, which disturb my life every day. Now I see only in a mirror, but one day, O Lord, I hope to see you face to face. Amen.

Henri J. M. Nouwen

Comment on this Daily Meditation

Facebook ‌ Twitter ‌

"He saw the disciples straining at the oars, because the wind was against them... Immediately he spoke to them and said, "Take courage. It is I. Don't be afraid." (MARK 6:48, 50b (NIV))

VISIT OUR BOOKSTORE

UNITED STATES | CANADA | UNITED KINGDOM

"You are the Beloved", a book by Henri Nouwen

Consider our monthly giving program to sustain the ability to extend Henri's legacy and make his work available to those who seek spiritual formation and nourishment. Click here to sign up today.

Donate

Text excerpts taken from "You are the Beloved"

by Henri J.M. Nouwen

© 2017 by The Henri Nouwen Legacy Trust.

Published by Convergent Books.

Photo from unsplash.com.

Scripture reading contributed by L. Yeskoo.

Contact us : admin@henrinouwen.org

1(866)226-2158

henrinouwen.org

Facebook ‌Twitter ‌YouTube ‌Instagram ‌

Henri Nouwen Society

214 - 95 Saint Joseph Street

Toronto, Ontario M5S 2R9 Canada

Comments